Friday, June 12, 2009

God's Presence/Presents

I am beginning research for a book I am putting together on the subject of God's Presence.

Considering the discussion in the few postings here, does anyone have any personal experience or thoughts they would like to share about this? Don't be shy. The ancients were always looking for things from the gods or God. But in my understanding, presence is a present, that is, the experience of God's presence is the gift itself, that we shouldn't be looking to gain anything from him/her except love and perhaps knowledge of that very presence or moment in which he is received.

What can humanity learn from this understanding, or, is there more to it than I myself am understanding?

2 comments:

  1. I think the personal connection a person has with the divine will determine the outlook they have on the idea of God's presence/presents.

    I personally feel it is a gift if you are a truly faithful person, and by that I mean, that you are a person who is religion in the biblical sense of the word.

    Me, myself, I am more of a believer in a significant power beyond the idea of "God," that there is truly something miraculous, but not necessarily a entity of morality, soul and principles. I feel "God" or the divine, is something so complex and far reaching it is a presence among everyone and everything. Its importance is absolutely vital to life, not just integrity and good will etc....does this even make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how would experience this power? In what ways does it manifest in our lives or how is it present in the world?

    My own life tells me that the awe moments and those moments when we are filled with love have a lot to do with "God." I'm not sure, though, how to describe my sense that it, this presence and experience, is a "person."

    ReplyDelete